- This event has passed.
BCV – ADULT BIRD STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW
March 3, 2019
URGENT MESSAGE: Cancellation of Show!!!
The BCV have had a lot of people call us, email us and add comment’s on Social Media discussing their thoughts about the coming weekends Adult Bird State Championship Show in relation to the Heat Clause. There is no doubt it is a unique weather event and follows on from the highest Average Temperature on Record for January and most likely February as well.
Some Key Points:
The Welfare of the Birds is the most important aspect to consider with regards to this decision.
- Most Clubs Birds were pre-selected last weekend and are typically housed inside until the show. These conditions could be very hot given the current weather predictions – especially if you are in rural areas.
- This Championship Show pulls teams from all over Victoria and as such the temperatures that the birds travel through will be considerably hotter than they could be at Noble Park.
- The heat rule was established for local shows and as such birds would not generally travel over such long distances.
- If 50% of members and competing teams come from rural areas hotter than the Noble Park Venue should the venue temperature be the only consideration?
- Weather conditions leading up to the Adult Bird State Championship Show will see the Temperatures being much higher. The heat from these lead up days COULD linger and carry over longer than predicted.
With everything above being considered the Budgerigar Council of Victoria councillors have all put forward that the Show should be Cancelled at this time.
We wanted to give all members as much notice as possible – hence making this decision well before the weekend to enable the information to flow to all exhibitors. Please reach out to all members and let them know.
Honorary SecretaryBudgerigar Council Of Victoria
0412 488 777